It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NRA support for restricting ‘bump stocks’
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NRA support for restricting ‘bump stocks’ reflects impact of Las Vegas massacre

As the country’s largest gun rights group, the NRA exerts considerable influence among conservative voters who support the organization — and on the GOP’s approach to gun policy. Many Republicans have operated under the fear that opposing NRA positions could lead to primary challenges. But public opinion is also on the minds of Republicans as they head into a midterm election year that is expected to be contentious. Regulating bump stocks could help the party combat perceptions that it has done nothing to address the mass shootings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost ... story.html

NRA on Bump Fire Stocks: The ATF Needs To Do Its Job! And We Support the Machine Gun Ban!

WAYNE LAPIERRE: "We have supported the existing law on fully automatic firearms. And what we don’t want is we don’t want the line to be fuzzed. Because if you fuzz the line, you’re putting every semiautomatic firearm for years. And I have corrected Diane Feinstein over, and over, and over when she says, “Assault weapons, they’re fully automatic guns.” I said they’re not. But if somebody fuzzes the line, you’re putting every semiautomatic firearm at risk."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/1 ... needs-job/

Comments?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NRA support for restricting ‘bump stocks’
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

There's a range of feelings on bump stocks. I've read where somebody quoted Clint Smith as saying to the effect that it's a toy that turns money into noise. I've never been a fan of bump stocks, but I've only been aware of them for about the last 5yrs. We saw the video of Jerry Miculek vs the guy with a bump stock... Jerry still runs his gun better, more accurate. Okay, that being said...

I've read where some people are pointing to the pro-2A side making a deal where putting bump stocks under NFA'34 is a trade-off for more easily removing suppressors from NFA'34. Such a deal coming from the pro-2A side is nothing like the antis are used to. Do we get back more of what more of us want that way? The antis ain't gonna quit pushing, but can we out-trade them?

Pro-gunner: "You're right. You wake up. It's 2am. A strange man is standing over your bed with a butcher knife. Quick! Hit him with your brain!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mustanger98 wrote:
The antis ain't gonna quit pushing, but can we out-trade them?

I think that is the NRA strategy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

And then I saw this video about a bi-partisan open-ended gun control bill some RINOs just started pushing.

http://knuckledraggin.com/2017/10/repub ... i-gun-law/

Their strategy may be to avoid any trade... hit everything they don't like as fast as possible.

Pro-gunner: "You're right. You wake up. It's 2am. A strange man is standing over your bed with a butcher knife. Quick! Hit him with your brain!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am 
Colonel
Colonel

If they really were interested in clamping down on this, they would repeal the Hughes Amendment.

The reason why these "go fast" toys are developed within the bleeding edge of the law is because the NFA registry is closed to MGs.

You can go a lot further with "embrace and regulate/tax" than outright banning.

Profile E-mail